Welcome back to my page! First and foremost, I apologize for not being present in that last few months. Competition prep kept me busy and focused on bringing the best package to the stage. So welcome back to my blog, and happy reading! I promise this time, I will make more of an effort throughout this prep to keep you all in the loop of things!

Thank You!

First and foremost, I want to thank each and everyone of you for supporting me throughout this journey. I have received such an outstanding amount of support in the last 6 months, and I couldn’t have done it without you all. During my prep, on show day and after show day, I received so much love that I was overwhelmed. You all made me feel so special and you each warmed my heart. So for that, thank you for continuously supporting me; encouraging me on social media; and simply just cheering me on! It’s so appreciated.

16 week prep

So, if you have been following me on Instagram, you likely know how prep went for me. For the most part, my 16 week prep went really well. But, I don’t want to sugar coat things or leave things out, so I am going to keep it real with you all.

There came a time during prep, I believe 6-7 weeks out, where I started feeling very unmotivated, sad and I just was questioning myself. I mostly questioned whether or not this was worth it, or if I would even be stage ready when it came down to my loose skin. Again, something you know about if you follow my Instagram! There was a period here in Ottawa where we didn’t see sun for about 2 weeks – this is the period that was the hardest for me. I hated going to work, I hated coming home because I knew that meant having to go to the gym and finding it in me to push myself 100%, and I was forgetting EVERYTHING. I had no energy, and I couldn’t remember things that I do on a daily basis – which was incredibly frustrating for me. This is what they call “prep brain“. I didn’t like it.

Thankfully, Steve was there to put me back on track on a daily basis and remind me WHY I was doing this. Again, I touched base in previous posts that your “why” had to be big enough, because if it wasn’t, the odds weren’t in your favour of stepping on that stage at your best. So after a few weeks of this, I started taking vitamin C and D and fish oil, and I started noticing a big difference.

That was the only 2 week period that was difficult for me during prep.


If I am being honest, I didn’t have any food cravings throughout the 16 weeks. I baked a lot of protein goods, and because I follow a flexible approach, I was able to eat whatever I felt like having (sometimes having to modify those foods), as long as they fit my macro’s. I ate things like:

  • Home made pizza (of course on a pita bread or Flat Out; A LOT of veggies and little mozza
  • Protein cheesecake
  • Oreos
  • Homemade Pho
  • My favourite protein bars (BUP and Oh Yeah ONE)
  • Turkey Burgers (again, with a Flat Out bread)
  • Overnight Oats
  • Ice cream (110 calorie cones)
  • Nachoes (again, modified)

These are just examples of things I ate throughout my prep. Because of this, it kept me on track, it kept me happy and most importantly, I was always looking forward to eating!

Now, this doesn’t mean this is all that I ate. I ate A LOT of broccoli, salads, chicken, fish, veggies, etc. A big part of a flexible approach is ensuring you are meeting your micro nutrients. I never fell short of that.


My training went very well throughout the 16 weeks. I did encounter minor issues during the end of my 16 weeks, but I worked through them.

I started having issues with my IT band on my left leg. Every time I would sit down, do a squat, or even slightly touch a part of my hip, my entire left leg would cease up and burn. This was caused due to my TFL pinching my nerve, which was effecting my IT band. Eventually, I started having knee pain. I was going to Massage Therapy (which let’s be honest, my RMT is AMAZING)…however, the pain wasn’t going away. So, I reached out to an amazing Physiotherapist.

My first session was 3 weeks before comp day. My PT is known for dry needling (which you don’t need to agree with), but let me tell you this…it helped A LOT! With some dry needling and some physio to do on a daily basis, I finally found comfort.

Now, I still couldn’t do certain exercises, but my coach worked around it and brought my to the BEST physique I could have imagined.

SHOW DAY – Results

Holy moly – what a FREAKING experience show day was! After 16 weeks of dieting down and training hard, show any was finally here! I started my prep on March 1, 2017 at 127lbs, and I weighed in at 109.2lbs on show day – June 24, 2017.

The week of the show was BUSY! From getting everything packed, to dying my hair and my extensions (due to accidentally dying my hair too dark), to getting my nails and toes done, to exfoliating like a maniac, to getting my tan, shaving my entire body…etc., I was glad that the day was finally here!

The day of the show is an early day, and it’s a lot of waiting around. I was up at 5am to eat breakfast, rinse off the tan (slightly), drive over to get my hair and makeup done at 7:30am, get my 2nd and 3rd coat of tan by 9:00am and wait around until pre-judging. I didn’t step on stage until 1:50pm!


I wasn’t nervous at all until 15 seconds before stepping on stage. As we were waiting behind the black curtain to be called out on stage, that’s when my heart started pounding uncontrollably and my legs started giving out. I was trying to calm myself and remind myself that this was my moment. This was the VERY moment I had been envisioning for years!

I didn’t calm down, but I remembered to put on an act, smile and get out on that stage and showcase what I had worked on. We were 7 beautiful ladies in my category – bikini short. We stepped on stage and immediately went into our front post. We proceeded to do our quarter turns. All I can remember really, was smiling like an idiot, looking at the Judge’s confidentially and holding my poses the best that I could. Towards the end, my lips were quivering so bad, I couldn’t control it! I thought to myself “this is it. This is going to screw me over!” Apparently…no one noticed!

Night Show

I was on stage for pre-judging for probably 3-4 minutes. Then, more waiting! I took the opportunity to do hair and makeup touch ups around 3pm, then Steve drove me home to relax for about an hour. I was so exhausted by this point, because I hardly slept the night before (due to being paranoid of messing up my tan).

We got home, took some awesome pictures, and just waited around until about 5:30, then decided to head back to the venue.

I stepped on stage around 8:15 for the night show. I got 10 seconds on the stage to hit 3 poses, and stand on the side to see if I placed. Again, my lip wouldn’t STOP!


I am proud to announce that I placed SECOND out of 7 ladies! In my very first show…I placed 2nd! Which qualifies me for Provincials. I cannot describe the feelings I experienced, and that I am still experiencing now!

What’s next?

Since I qualified for Provincials, I am going to take a shot at it this year. I received Judge’s feedback, and I will be taking their advice very seriously. I may not be able to change my physique for this year’s Provincials, however I will be taking some time after this show to work on what they suggested! I have another 6 weeks to prep before Provincials on August 12th.

What you can expect in the next few blogs:

  • Post show binge
  • Judge’s feedback
  • How to stay on track with your goals
  • Update on this prep

Keep following me on social media for daily updates! Eventually, I will be starting a Vlog on YouTube, where you will be able to find all sorts of cool things! Stay tuned and again, thank you for following my journey!